Daikin ducted air conditioning systems are known for their efficiency and reliability. However, like
any other air conditioning system, Daikin FDYQ models can experience problems due to various
factors. Some of the most common problems that users experience with these models include
insufficient cooling, faulty operations, and poor airflow. In this post, we will provide solutions to
these problems, helping you save money on costly repairs. Please note that this is a guide yo
give you an understanding of what is required and in most cases requires a licensed technician.
One of the most common problems faced by Daikin ducted air conditioning systems is
insufficient cooling. This problem can arise if there is a refrigerant leak, the air filter is clogged,
or there is a problem with the condenser coils. To fix this, you can consider the following
- Check the Air Filter – Clogged air filters can reduce the airflow and cause insufficient cooling.
Make sure you remove and clean the air filter at least once a month.
- Check the Refrigerant Level – Insufficient cooling can also occur if the refrigerant level is low.
You should hire a professional to fix the refrigerant leak and recharge the system (must be done
by a licensed technician).
- Check the Condenser Coils – Over time, the condenser coils can accumulate debris and dirt,
reducing their ability to cool the air. Clean the coils with a soft brush to remove any debris that
might have accumulated.
Another common problem experienced by users of the Daikin FDYQ models is faulty operations.
This problem can arise due to faulty thermostat settings, malfunctioning directional control, and
other electrical problems. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take if your Daikin air
conditioner is not working properly:
- Check the Thermostat – Faulty thermostat settings can result in an air conditioner that
doesn’t work as expected. Ensure that the thermostat is set to the desired temperature and the
mode is adjusted correctly.
- Check the Directional Control – A malfunctioning directional control can prevent the air
conditioner from blowing air in the right direction. Ensure that the directional control settings are
- Check the Electric Supply – Electrical problems can cause the air conditioner to stop working
altogether. Check the circuit breaker and ensure that the wiring connections are secure (must
be done by licensed technician).
Finally, users of the Daikin FDYQ models tend to experience poor airflow. This problem may
arise if the air filter is clogged, the airflow vents are obstructed, or the motor is faulty. To fix this,
you can take the following troubleshooting steps:
- Clean the Air Filters – Like other air conditioning systems, Daikin air conditioners require
clean air filters to ensure efficient airflow. Make sure you remove and clean the air filters at least
once a month.
- Check the Airflow Vents – Obstructions on the airflow vents can reduce the system’s ability to
cool effectively. Clear any obstructions that may have accumulated on or around the vents.
- Check the Motor – A faulty motor can limit the air circulation, leading to poor airflow. Hire a
professional technician to diagnose and repair any problems with the motor (must be done by
In conclusion, Daikin FDYQ models are reliable air conditioning systems. However, they may
experience issues like any other air conditioner system. By following these troubleshooting
steps, you can save money on repairs and keep your air conditioning system running efficiently.
It’s vital to hire a professional technician to repair any other issues that may require technical
expertise. Regular maintenance and cleaning can also help prevent many of these issues,
keeping your Daikin FDYQ model running smoothly for many years.